Monday, March 2, 2009

Scrap-booking Retreat!

I went away for another four days to my cabin in the mountains to scrap-book, eat yummy food, watch chick-flicks and laugh until my tummy hurt. I know it seems like I just went, but we were all ready to head back up there. I love being-able to run away like that and spend all my days and nights creating beautiful pages of all our family memories. Here are a few of my favorite layouts  I finished. Italics written is the journaling.


Not to far in the distant future there will come a day when the boys mean more to you then "Crazy hair Day" and these fun memories will become a thing of the past.


I've never seen a person get lost so much in a sport like you do with golf. You don't care if there is only 20 minutes to hit a bucket of balls or I leave you for the day to hit 18 holes. You ask to go to the driving range daily and will even enjoy spending time in a golf simulator. Watching you play for the school team was a great moment for us. It is fun to see you enjoy something so fully! I never dreamed I would be a mom of a golf addict. 


You came home in december one day and told us you were having trouble reading the wipe off board at school. Of course that gave us a red flag  to go and get your eyes checked. I took you to "Lens Crafters" for your eye exam and a pair of new glasses. It was fun to see all the different styles on your sweet face. I love the pair you decided on. I think you look adorable and smart with them.


You and airplanes have been a pair un-separated by time. We can find them almost any where. The church bag, my purse, several in the car, all throughout the house, there is a plane for you to have. You absoloutly love them. You can name all of them, tell us how fast they go and how many passangers can fly in them. Your fascination over airplanes makes your daddy so happy because his love for flight is almost as large as yours. I love the way you line them up in your room or catalog them on the ottomen in the family room. Enjoy your love of winged machines Jacob, maybe some day you will be a great pilot just like your daddy!

It seemed too early in the school year for you to be bringing a book home to read on your own. I was thrilled to see your enthusiasm as you read each word to me and looked at the pictures. Your growing up so fast and with each ne w milestone you accomplish makes me so proud to be your mommy. 

8 comments:

awindowsillview said...

Love, love your pages...do you do them digitally? They are so cute - it's so fun to see your 'big' kids! It was also great to see you last week, too...looks like your retreat was awesome! What would we do without great women in our lives?

Tracy said...

Your pages turned out adorable! Love Jessie's new glasses.

Rebecca said...

so i won't even get into how jealous i am of your fun girlie get-away...

i LOVE your pages! they are seriously AWESOME... i love how the writing on each of your pages is like a little note to your kids. what treasures you're creating!

Shelly said...

Yea Jenie great job! thanks soo much for such a great time this past weekend, lots of fun memories!!
thanks Shelly

Melinda said...

Love the pages--I need a little creative "shot in the arm".

Kirsten and Cory said...

They turned out soo cute! Are you doing all of this digitally now. Thanks for lunch. Call again when you are up this way! Hope your flight wasn't too bumpy...I was thinking about you that day and was glad it was you and not me in the turbulance. :0)

Jenie said...

For most of my layouts, I do them digitally. I enjoy mixing digital and regular scrap-booking on mini books.

Natalie said...

YEAH!!!! Love your layouts!!! I need to steal a picture of them because I did NOT get a picture with you with them. You sneaky little girl!!! Thanks for the time of my life - as always. I wonder what year I will "really" start digital scrapbooking....maybe I can contract you out - ha ha

Quote

Quote

Quote

A place to share all the fun memories we create as a family.